The award-winning ARM1136J-S™ and ARM1136JF-S™ deliver up to 660 Dhrystone 2.1 MIPS in 0.13µ process. Both cores
feature the ARM v6 instruction set with media extensions, ARM Jazelle™ technology for efficient embedded Java
execution, ARM Thumb ® code compression, and optional floating point coprocessor.
Media processing extensions offer up to 1.9x acceleration of media-processing tasks such as MPEG4 encode.
Instruction and data cache sizes are and optional Tightly Coupled Memories can be added to accelerate interrupt
handling and data-processing. These cores feature AMBA 2.0 AHB interfaces compatible with a wide range of system IP
The ARM1136JF-S also features an integrated floating point coprocessor, which makes it particularly suitable for
embedded 3D-graphics applications.
The ARM11 core has been developed and integrated in parallel with the ARM11 PrimeXsys Platform to ensure a fully
compatible, high performance, extendable system solution. As a result, the ARM11 PrimeXsys Platform provides the
optimum route to the efficient and rapid implementation of an ARM11 core-based design.
- Networking – Control processor in network infrastructure, switch, and router products
- Consumer – Digital TV, Set-top Box, Games Console
- Automotive infotainment – in-Car entertainment, DVD player, navigation equipment
- Powerful ARMv6 instruction set architecture
- ARM Thumb instruction set reduces memory bandwidth and size requirements by up to 35%
- ARM Jazelle technology for efficient embedded Java execution
- ARM DSPextensions
- SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data) media processing extensions deliver up to 2x performance
for video processing
- Energy-saving power-down modes
- Reduce static leakage currents when processor is not in use
- High performance integer processor
- 8-stage integer pipeline delivers high clock frequency
- Separate load-store and arithmetic pipelines o Branch Prediction and Return Stack
- Up to 660 Dhrystone 2.1 MIPS in 0.13µ process
- High performance memory system
- Supports 4-64k cache sizes o Optional tightly coupled memories with DMA for multi-media
- Multi-ported AMBA 2.0 AHB bus interface speeds instruction and data access
- ARMv6 memory system architecture accelerates OS context-switch
- Vectored interrupt interface and low-interrupt-latency mode speeds interrupt response and real-time
- Optional Vector Floating Point coprocessor (ARM1136JF-S)
- Powerful acceleration for embedded 3D-graphics
- ARM-EDA Reference Methodology deliverables significantly reduce the time to generate a specific technology
implementation of the core and to generate industry standard views and models.