The STM32 family of 32-bit Flash Microcontrollers is based on the breakthrough ARM Cortex™-M3 core - a core specifically developed for embedded applications. TheSTM32 family benefits from the Cortex-M3 architectural enhancements including the Thumb-2 instruction set to deliver improved performance with better code density, significantly faster response to interrupts,all combined with industry leading power consumption. ST is now the first leading MCU supplier to introduce a product family based on this core.
The STM32 family is built to offer new degrees of freedom to MCU users.It offers a complete 32-bit product range that combines high performance,low power and low voltage, while maintaining full integration and ease of development.. The STM32 advantages:
- Leading-edge architecture with the latest Cortex-M3core from ARM
- Superior and innovative peripherals
- Low power/low voltage capability
- Maximum integration
- Easy development, fast time to market
The high level of pin-to-pin, peripheral and software compatibility across the family gives you full flexibility. STM32, more choice with four complete lines
- The four lines are pin-to-pin and software-compatible.
- The Performance line takes the 32-bit MCU world to new levels of performance and energy efficiency. With its Cortex-M3 core at 72 MHz, it is able to perform highend computation while providing a rich set of peripherals.
- The USB Access line is the intermediary between Performance and Access line. Its 48 MHz CPU maximum speed provides excellent performance while keeping the dynamic power consumption very low. It is intended for
users that requires mandatorily the USB peripheral.
- The Access line is the entry point of the STM32 family. It has the power of the 32-bit MCU but at a 16-bit MCU cost.
- The Connectivity line adds Ethernet, USB OTG, dual CAN, audio class I²S. It is intended for applications where connectivity and real-time performances are required.