|Part number||Group||Manufacturer||Core Variant||Freq.||Wireless Frequency||Flash/ROM||Package|
|SAF-XC161CS-32F20F||XC161CJ/CS||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||262144||PGTQFP 144|
|SAF-XC161CS-32F20F BB-A||XC161CJ/CS||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||262144||PGTQFP 144|
|SAF-XC164LM-16F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164LM-16F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164CM-16F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164CM-4F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||32768||PGLQFP 64|
|SAK-XC164CM-4F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||32768||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164CM-16F20F BA||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAK-XC164CM-16F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164SM-16F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164SM-16F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164GM-16F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164KM-16F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164KM-16F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164TM-16F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164TM-16F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAK-XC164CM-4F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||32768||PGLQFP 64|
|SAK-XC164CM-16F40F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAF-XC164GM-16F20F||XC164CM||Infineon C166®S V2||20MHz||None||131072||PGLQFP 64|
|SAK-XC164CS-32F40F||XC164CS||Infineon C166®S V2||40MHz||None||262144||PGTQFP 100|
The XC166 family of 16-bit microcontrollers offers a wide range of products scalable in performance, memory, and peripherals. This makes it easy to find the controller that best fits to your application needs. The migration path from C166® to XC166 is supported by the same basic architecture and instruction set, so that a high level of reuse can be accomplished.The XC166 family with its enhanced 16-Bit architecture and ist powerful feature set is more than just a 16-Bit Microcontroller. Both, built in safety features and high performance peripherals,are standard for the XC166 family and make these devices thecontroller of choice for automotive and industrial applications.
The XC166 Family members are derivatives of the popular C166® microcontroller families. Based on the enhanced C166®S V2 architecture it outperforms existing 16-bit solutions. Impressive DSP performance and advanced interrupt handling combined with a powerful integrated peripheral set and high performance on-chip memory make the XC166 Family the instrument of choice for demanding industrial and automotive applications like synchronous DC motor control, future head lamp concepts or effective power steering solutions.
The flexible and intelligent PWM unit simplifies control of AC-, DC- or reluctance motors. A high speed, high resolution ADC handles the fast and accurate translation of complex analog environment. Networked solutions can be solved with powerful communication interfaces like the high speed TwinCAN module with autonomous gateway function.
The C166®S V2 is a member of the most recent generation of the popular C166 microcontroller cores. C166S V2 combines high performance with enhanced modular architecture. It was developed to provide easy migration from standard existing C16x to the new C166S V2 core with its impressive DSP performance and advanced interrupt handling. The system architecture inherits successful hardware and software concepts that have been established in the C16x 16-bit microcontroller families. C166 code compatibility enable re-use of existing code. This dramatically reduces the time-tomarket for new product development.
The following features position C166S V2 strategically for contemporary and emerging markets for performance-hungry real-time applications:
– High CPU performance. Single clock cycle execution doubles the performance at the
same CPU frequency (relative to the performance of the C166).
– Built-in advanced MAC unit dramatically increases DSP performance.
– High Internal Program Memory bandwidth and the instruction fetch pipeline
significantly improve program flow regularity and optimize fetches into the execution
– Sophisticated Data Memory structure and multiple high-speed data buses provide
transparent data access (0 cycles) and broad bandwidth for efficient DSP processing.
– Advanced exceptions handling block with multi-stage arbitration capability yields
stellar interrupt performance with extremely small latency.
– Upgraded Peripheral Event Controller supports efficient and flexible DMA features to
support a broad range of fast peripherals.
– Highly modular architecture and flexible bus structure provide effective methods of
integrating application-specific peripherals to produce customer-oriented derivatives.
– 5-stage execution pipeline
– 2-stage instruction fetch pipeline with FIFO for instruction pre-fetching
– Pipeline with forwarding that controls data dependencies in hardware
– Linear address space for code and data (von Neumann architecture)
– Multiple high bandwidth internal busses for data and instructions
– Enhanced memory map with extended I/O areas
– 16 MBytes total linear address space
– C16x family compatible on-chip special function register area
– Fast multiplication (16-bit x 16-bit) in one CPU clock cycle
– Fast background execution of division (32-bit/16-bit) in 21 CPU clock cycles
– Nearly all instructions executed in one CPU clock cycle
– Enhanced boolean bit manipulation facilities
– Zero cycle jump execution
– Additional instructions to support High Level Language (HLL) and operating systems
– Register-based design with multiple variable register banks
– Two additional fast register banks
– General purpose register architecture
– 16 General-purpose registers (GPRs) for byte operands
– 16 General-purpose registers (GPRs) for integer operands
– Overlapping 8-bit and 16-bit registers
– Opcode fully upward compatible with C166 family
– Variable stack with automatic stack overflow/underflow detection
– High performance branch-, call- and loop processing
– Multiply and accumulate instructions (MAC) executed in one CPU clock cycle
– Extremely short interrupt response time
– "Fast interrupt" and "Fast context switch" features
– Peripheral bus (PDBUS+) with bit protection